smile, you’re on… 30/6/2003
Thanks to the King of Country and Western Suburbs Music, Dave “High in the Saddle” Dawson, for forwarding this essential information for motorists in the State of Victoria, soon to be entirely underwritten with revenue from speeding fines.
Locations of fixed and elapsed time speed cameras around Melbourne.
Most important are the speed and red light combination camera types
that are very active –
* Cnr Orrong and Dandenong Rd Caulfield
* Alexandra Pde
* Smith St Fitzroy, just before the Eastern Freeway
* Stud Rd And Wellington Rd cnr. Rowville.
* Swan St Bridge and Alexanrda Ave opps Myer Music Bowl
New permanent speed cameras in Melbourne –
* Monash Freeway, 600m before entering the tunnel heading towards the city.
It’s hidden behind an overhead road sign.(80kph). Even though this one is
openly publicised by the media and the state government, it continues to
catch over 700 drivers per day!
Westgate Freeway – Princes Highway.
* On the top of the Westgate Bridge.
* Hoppers Crossing overpass
* At the first Werribee exit.
* At the Little River exit.
* Point Cook overpass.
* Point Wilson overpass.
* At Corio Just before you arrive at the Waterslide in Geelong.
Note: These are elapsed time trigger cameras, they estimate your
average driving speed between checkpoints. So slowing down before
each overpass will not fool them. All these cameras are positioned in both
the inbound and outbound lanes and tricky to see.
Western Ring Road.
* Boundary Road – Laverton North.
* Western Highway – Ardeer.
* Calder Freeway – Keilor East>
* Tullamarine Freeway – Tullamarine.
* Pascoe Vale Road – Glenroy.
* Widford Street – Glenroy
* High Street – Thomastown.
If you did 10kph over the speed limit all the way from Melbourne to
Geelong, you can expect up to $125 fine on each one and the loss of 1demerit
Each camera is able to book cars doing even 5k’s over the limit.
COMING SOON !!!
* Eastern Freeway – 5 more cameras.
* Monash – 5 more.
* Calder Freeway – 9 more cameras, from Keilor to Kyneton.
* Hume Highway to Albury – 11 cameras.
Other Highways on the proposed list are as follows –
* Western Highway – Ardeer to Ballarat.
* South Gippsland Highway – Dandenong to Phillip Island.
* Goulburn Valley Highway – Seymour to Shepparton.
* Princes Highway – Pakenham to Traralgon.
Also being considered are Mount Alexander Road, Nepean Highway,
Dandenong Road, Burwood Highway, Sydney Road, Springvale Road and
Ferntree Gully Road.